Put together a cute little table top garden complete with a handcrafted toadstools! Add your own finishing touches to your garden – like fairy houses, gnome houses, rocks, signs, etc.! These gardens are great for small indoor plants (these are not meant to be kept outdoors) and make great additions to desk, counter, windowsill, or sunny table centerpiece!
What you’ll need:
- Decorative bowl or dish for your garden (I use a ceramic cereal bowl from the Dollar Store – it’s approx. 5″ wide)
- Pebbles or rocks to add a drainage layer to your bowl
- Faux moss – I use reindeer moss
- Polymer clay (I use Sculpey III)
- Toothpick or jumbo paper clip
- Tin Foil
- Chalk pastels
- Soft paint brush
- Wire – 18 gauge or similar, cut to approx. 2″ (this is only needed if you decide to use the paper clip – see instructions below!)
- Scrap paper
- Pliers for cutting & twisting the wire
MAKING YOUR GARDEN!
Step one: Place a layer of rocks or pebbles in the bottom of your bowl – this gives your plants some drainage so you’re roots aren’t sitting in water!
Step two: Fill you bowl with soil and top with your faux moss.
Step three: Make your toadstools! Use the directions here for a polymer clay toadstool bookmark to make your mushrooms! You can eliminate the paper clip and wire and replace it with a toothpick or wooden dowel instead (or the paper clip will also work as a stake for mushroom too)!
Step four: Plant seeds or small indoor plants in your bowl and water! Add you sculpted toadstools and any other creations or adornments!